Let’s answer some of your FAQ’s when it comes to lip fillers 💋
Lip fillers are one of the most popular treatments with us here at Aurielle Aesthetics. The art of elegant enhancements enables us to create volume and definition, reduce “smokers lines” and correct asymmetry without leaving you with a “trout pout”
We’ve put together some of the most frequently asked questions about lip fillers to help you understand what to expect; ⠀⠀
Q: Will It Hurt?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A: Believe it or not, the process of lip filler injections can be remarkably pain free. We use numbing cream prior to treatment and the injection is done using a very, very fine needle. ⠀
Q: Do My Lips Bruise?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A: Your lips will likely be swollen after the procedure. You may also notice some redness or bruising at the injections sites, which is normal⠀⠀
Q: Is 1ml Going To Be Too Much?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A: It’s a common misconception that dermal filler is going to dramatically change your appearance with the very first treatment. In actual fact, 1ml of dermal filler is just enough to create a very subtle result that clients can then build upon over time (if that’s your goal).⠀⠀
Q: Will They Look Natural?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A: Our priority is to keep people guessing! We also consider side profiles to ensure we create harmony and balance.⠀
Q: Is it safe?
A: Lip fillers are a cosmetic treatment, and like all medical procedures, there is always a chance that something could go wrong. Which is why we stress the importance of going to a medically trained practitioner and have your treatment performed within a clinical environment so that if on the rare occasion a vascular occlusion happens, you are in a safe environment with an experienced medic who can carry out emergency treatment. ⠀
Q: What is Lip Filler Made of?
A: Lip fillers are made of Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which is a substance that naturally occurs in the dermis of the skin. It can be found in many beauty products, as it is a hydrophilic molecule, meaning that it attracts water. It can hold up to 1000 x its own weight in water making it an excellent hydrator. Some common brands that we use in the clinic are restylane and teosyal which are premium dermal fillers.
Having lip filler treatments can be uncomfortable, cause swelling, bruising and pain post treatment.
Did you know that we have our own Lip Balm that has been specifically designed to help ease the soreness and discomfort of lip filler treatments by providing natural relief and speeding up the healing process.
Auri Balm products are all cruelty-free,vegan and naturally handmade. This makes them a great option for anyone looking for some quick, natural relief.
Here’s our aftercare tips for when you have Lip Filler;
- Your lips will likely be swollen after the procedure. You may also notice some redness or bruising at the injections sites, which is normal. Most side effects will be minor, and you will be able to resume most activities once the procedure is done.
- Apply ice to your lips afterward using an ice pack or an ice cube covered in cloth (so it doesn’t stick to the lip and cause pain). This will help ease the swelling, itching, bruising, and any other pain.
- Auri Balm has been specifically designed to help ease the soreness and discomfort of lip filler treatments by providing natural relief and speeding up the healing process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours after you get lip or any other dermal fillers. Elevated blood pressure and heart rate from exercise may make swelling or bruising worse. It’s fine to engage in light activity like walking.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water will help your body heal.
- Eat plenty of hydrating fruits and vegetables and try to avoid excess sodium, which may worsen swelling.
- Avoid high temperatures like steam rooms, saunas, or heated exercise classes for 48 hours after treatment. High heat can make swelling more pronounced.
For more information on treatments or to order a Auri Balm, get in touch with us to arrange a consultation